Sunday, November 27, 2005

Accidental Kitchen

My wife and I went grocery shopping somewhat late today, and came back home with the raw materials for my latest adventure in the kitchen. As usual, I had great intentions, but underestimated the task before me.

Some of the ingredients used tonight.


I decided to cook supper for tonight, as well as a couple other dishes for the next couple of days. We're a busy family, and don't get to the supper table together anymore -- and hardly have time to make sure there is food to eat. We had spinach and shrimps with wild rice tonight. The spinach and shrimp dish may also be known to those that dine on Indian on a regular basis as saag.

Chopped spinach.


Spinach, potatoes and cheese. (Potatoes and cheese, read on.)


Spinach and shrimps cooking!


Wild rice cooking.


Spinach & shrimps with wild rice -- my supper!

To put away in the fridge, I also made some potato casserole. This was my first attempt, and I screwed it up. My mistake? I forgot completely about the onions. So when I had layered the potatoes, cheese, and parsley, I topped it all off with onions. The onions should have made it on each layer.
Potato casserole before the oven ...


Potato casserole after the oven.
I also cooked some potatoes with canned sardines and mackrels in tomato and chilli sauce. It's one of my favourite, quick dishes to make and eat!

Potatoes with sardines!


And to finish off my cooking spree, I also baked some chicken drumsticks!

Baked chicken drumsticks! (With secret sauce!)

No comments:

Post a Comment