Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hello from Kowloon

I'm currently in Hong Kong on business. Spent most of my day today indoors, working. But, I had to get out around noon, since I was starving. I took a walk (see map below) from my hotel to Flower Market Street (a street just with flower shops -- I kid you not). It was a bit of a walk -- 4.4km according to Google Maps. Not bad, but I think I lost a year off with the walk. It was around 31 Celsius today, and quite sticky humid. Nathan Road was crowded with people -- and the air was stifling with smog. You couldn't really see it, but you could breathe it. It was thick, and with the humidity, it was like breathing soup -- really bad soup. The air was also filled with smells -- which I'm not going to comment on, other to say that your imagination has nothing on the reality. Along the way on Nathan, was a block guarded by giant Banyan trees. It was totally cool -- something I had never seen before. Especially to see them cropping out of sides of the roads. I also took the photo to the right of an outdoor market. I walked through it, and it definitely made for good people watching. Surprisingly, the smog and the smells were absent there.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment